Riyadh:(web Desk) The Saudi-led Arab military Coalition called it a technical mistake, which killed 14 civilians, including children in Yemeni Capital city on Friday.
According to Official Saudi Press Agency, the coalition has admitted mistake after a review of the strike investigators who found a “technical mistake behind the incident”.
The coalition is facing worldwide condemnation on the death of innocent civilians in the deadly strikes.
Coalition’s spokesman Col. Turki al Malki reportedly said that ‘they will review the information about the strikes.’
Friday’s strike was carried out at Faj Attan, a residential neighborhood in the south of the capital city that had been controlled by Houti rebels since 2014.
The World Health Organization estimates that nearly 8,400 civilians have been killed and 47,800 wounded since the Saudi-led alliance intervened in the Yemen conflict since 2015.
The International Committee of the Red Cross on Friday condemned the raid as ‘outrageous’.
Rights group Amnesty International’s Middle East research director, Lynn Maalouf, said the coalition ‘rained down bombs on civilians while they slept’.
Friday’s raid came two days after at least 35 people died in a series of strikes on Sanaa and a nearby hotel that rebels also blamed on the coalition.