Situation in Allepo’s northern areas is worst and evacuation process is running with delays as both parties are putting allegations of breach on each other.
An agreement was reached Saturday to allow “humanitarian cases” to leave two besieged government-held Shia villages in northwestern Syria, a step that would allow the resumption of civilian and rebel evacuations from eastern Aleppo which were suspended a day earlier, Hezbollah’s media arm and a monitoring group said.
The opposition’s Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said the evacuation of some 4,000 people, including wounded, from the villages of Foua and Kfarya was expected to start.
At least 6,000 people have left the area, including 3,000 fighters and more than 300 wounded, according to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a UK-based monitoring
Turkish authorities are also setting up a camp for at least 80000 evacuees near border and have also allowed wounded to enter turkey for medical treatment as well. They expect some 35000 Syrians will move to the camps: Media Reported.
An activist in Aleppo told Reuters news agency that people had been waiting on the streets with bags of belongings in what was described as a very slow operation.
Children were “hungry and crying” and people were “exhausted”, not knowing if buses would arrive to take them out.
A doctor who is volunteering at a makeshift hospital in Idlib said there was no equipment to monitor patients. “Even the Intensive Care Unit doesn’t have a ventilator,” he said in a video posted on Facebook.
And Turkey’s Deputy Prime Minister Veysi Kaynak said Idlib had “no physical capacity to accommodate so many people”, according to the country’s Dogan news agency.
Northern Syrian city of Aleppo was caught in a brutal four-year deadlock.
It was a key battleground in the war between forces loyal to President Bashar al-Assad and rebels who want to overthrow him.